The driver is available on the given link. Visit the website ij.start.canon and choose the driver according to the model number of your Canon Ij printer. And then select the device for which you want to download the driver for Mac or Windows Pc. The Canon Ij Setup printers are in two inks that are pigment ink and dye ink. One can also share documents using the driver. Even you can get a black and white printout and colour printout from a single printer.
Instructions to Download the Canon Printer Drivers
Using Canon’s official support site ij.start.canon , you can download drivers for any Canon product. Simply follow these steps.
- Using ij.start.canon visit the official support site of Canon.
- Enter your Canon printer or scanner model name and click the Search icon.
- On the next page, Canon will automatically take you to the Drivers, Software & Firmware tab. Here, you’ll get the option to select your operating system, driver language, and keywords. Choose the suitable details and click Search.
- Select the Canon printer or scanner driver you want to download on your device.
- Then, click Download.
- Now, your browser will start downloading the drivers.
Sequential Process to Install the Canon Printer Driver via ij.start.canon
- Start by searching the setup file that you have downloaded via ij.start.canon . When you get the file, double-click it.
- Proceed further by granting the permissions you are asked for. Two pop-ups box will prompt on your screen asking your permission to run the application and to make the required changes.
- Next, if you are a Mac user, then you will be asked to confirm the procedure. To do so, you have to fill the empty fields with your administrator username and password.
- Doing so, the welcome window will appear. Here, simply tap the button naming “Next”.
- The next step of the ij.start.canon installation procedure is to form a connection between your printer and computer. A strong and stable connection is needed for the further process. You will get the instructions right on your screen when you are done selecting the preferable method. Carefully move along the on-screen instructions and establish a connection.
- Once the connection gets formed, the wizard will begin its search for the canon printers. From the search result, make the selection of your printer.
- Afterwards, a list of all the software that is available for the download will display. Go through the list and tick mark the checkboxes beside the software that you want to install.
- Later, make yourself aware of the printer driver’s terms and conditions by reading the license agreement. Also, agree with the terms provided in the agreement. To accept, just click the “Yes” button.
- By doing so, the ij.start.canon printer driver will start installing on your system. The process will take the time of a few minutes to get finished. Hence, take a break and wait until it’s done.
- In the next window, you will be enquired if you want to perform the Print Head Alignment. If you want to do so, then click “Next” and complete the procedure by following the instructions displaying on your device.
- However, you can also complete the ij.start.canon procedure right here by hitting the “Close” button.
IJ Start Canon Printer Setup on Windows (Wireless)
- In the very beginning, you have to download and install your actual printer driver from visiting the site ‘ ij.start.canon’.
- In the next step, you need to turn on your Canon printer and make sure that it is well plugged in with the power switch.
- Thereafter, go to the Download folder and double-tap on the downloaded file of driver setup to open it on Windows.
- Now, click on “Next” button till the time you see the option “Wireless Setup”.
- Select the “Wireless Setup” option, go to your Canon printer screen and tap on “Wi-Fi Setup” button.
- Then, select the device settings and tap “OK” button.
- Next, Choose Device Settings LAN Settings in the given sequence and then press “OK” tab.
- Next, select LAN Settings Wireless LAN Setup and press “OK” After doing this, your printer will search for access point.
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi router is turned on. Of it is on, the flash lamp will blink on the printer.
- Now, the network list will appear on the screen from which you have to select your Wi-Fi network from the given-list and then hit “OK”.
- Afterward, you will be asked for your WPA/WEP security key (Wi-Fi password). Enter the correct password in the given field and then click “OK”.
- In a couple of minutes, your printer will directly connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Congratulations! The Canon IJ printer has been wirelessly setup on your Windows system. Now, your printer is ready to serve quality printouts.
Steps to Setup IJ Start Canon Printer on Mac
- The very beginning step you should take is, download and setup your printer driver via ij.start.canon and then go for the next step.
- Now, on a serious note, go through the afore-mentioned steps provided in the first section of this write up to put Canon printer on the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Thereafter, go to the “Apple” menu and click “System Preferences” tab.
- Place single click on the printer shaped icon named as “Printers and scanners”.
- Afterward, give a click on the “+” sign present near the bottom left corner of the screen.
- You can see your printer’s name in the left-hand pane if it is already connected over the network. Click on it to begin the setup process.
- Once the setup process gets completely done, your printer will be displayed with a Green check mark and will be ready to print.